- Launch: Google Earth Adds Sky
- Google Earth adds a “Switch between Sky and Earth” button. The Sky view is made up of over 1 million photographs. Nice!
- Sigler v. Hendrix Webscab Smackdown
- On September 19th 2007 Terry Bison will moderate a debate between Scott Sigler and Howard Hendrix revolving around releasing works of fiction online for free (you know, webscabs).
- That Yawn After Lunch Is Perfectly Normal
- Feel sleepy after lunch? Here’s why. I agree with the suggestion of a short nap. Around 2pm on weekends I usually hit a wall, after which I’m not productive. A 10 minute nap is enough to stave that off for me.
- Where you fall in poll of U.S. reading habits
- Apparently one in four Americans read no books last year. Those who did, read four on average. I wonder if the poll took audiobooks into account.
- Warner Bros. Follows the Yellow Brick Road
- Warner wants to create a new Oz film. Todd McFarlane is involved. I love the Oz books. I do not have high hopes for this movie.
- Sucking it up with the new Roomba
- C|NET looks at the new Roomba 500 series from iRobot. We’re pretty happy with our existing Roomba. My kids talk to it sometimes.
- The Best Software for Mac OS X
- I’m new to Mac OS X, but this looks like an worthwhile list of applications.
- Author King ‘mistaken for vandal’
- Stephen King was mistaken for a vandal when he started signing books in an Australian book shop. I admit I’ve imagined having books on the shelves and just going in and signing them. Never really thought it through though.
Leave a Reply