Thursday, August 21st, 2008
- Tor’s e-book giveaway: Someone is WRONG on the Internet
- Tor books recently gave away a batch of free e-books as publicity for the new Tor.com. Many of the books were of the “first in series” variety. Some folks expected to be able to buy the sequels at Tor.com when it launched, and weren’t happy to find they could not. A representative from Tor responded, and it seems thing got a bit heated. An interesting look at an unintended side effect of “free” (be sure to read the comments).
- Zombies attack musician, everyone laughs (including musician)
- JoCo attacked by Zombies an the 2008 New Media Expo
- It’s a tasty thing
- J. Dack posits “Scalzi’s Law”. I doubt this will be disproved any time soon.
- Ballantine Books to Publish Book Inspired by the Webcomic Garfield Minus Garfield
- I enjoy the heck out of “Garfield Minus Garfield”, but I assumed it would go the way of “Dylan Hears a Who”. I applaud Jim Davis and Ballantine Books for embracing the comic strip remix rather than issuing the standard cease and desist notice.
- A sliderule to help determine copyright status.
- A Talk with JoCo
- Five part interview with Jonathan Coulton (both mp3s and transcripts are available).
Tuesday, April 1st, 2008
- INFECTED Trailer
- Amazing film-style trailer for Scott Sigler’s novel Infected (available now in hardcover).
- OverDrive to offer DRM-free audiobooks via Borders: Time to try unshackled e-books, too?
- This can only be good news. OverDrive has an interesting history with DRM. They have always claimed to be unable to work with iPods due to Apple’s proprietary DRM, while failing to make clear they were using Microsoft’s proprietary DRM.
- garfield minus garfield
- Take Garfield (the comic strip) and remove the title character, and you’re left with something darker and disturbingly funny.
- ‘Lego Universe,’ a brick MMO, is in development
- I haven’t been real interested in Massively Multi-Player Online games in a while, but the idea of a Lego based MMO might change that.
Tuesday, March 11th, 2008
So I joined Bitstrips...
Friday, June 29th, 2007
- Pirate keyboard
- CORSAIR Ergonomic Keyboard For Pirates
- David Allen Company Podcast
- David Allen Company podcast
- Writer Stalking
- Vlog-paparazzia stalk author/podcaster Mathew Wayne Selznick at Balticon.
- Locus Online: New Books, mid-June 2007
- Locus online’s listing of new SF/F/H books for mid-June 2007
- The Dawn of Dilbert
- The original batch of Dilbert strips that were submitted to the cartoon syndicates (with reactions).
Thursday, May 10th, 2007
- Top 5 Roomba Hacks
- Videos of some interesting Roomba hacks. Seeing a family of Roombas sing “Frosty the Snowman” is a riot (and only a little bit creepy).
- 17 Web 2.0 Sites Optimized for Your Wii
- A nice selection of sites to visit on your Wii.
- Sun?s Take on OpenID
- Sun is offering trusted OpenID’s for all employees.
- Spoon-Bending ‘Paranormalist’ Illegally Twists Copyright Law
- Uri Geller v. YouTube. Great headline.
- Hi, I?m a Marvel?and I?m a DC
- Parody of the “I’m a Mac.., and I’m a PC” ads with comic book action figures.
- Top 17 Search Innovations Outside Of Google
- Interesting overview of search technologies.