Friday, August 31st, 2007
- Science Fiction Writers of America abuses the DMCA – Boing Boing
- The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America invoked the DMCA to request works be removed from Scribd even though in a number of cases they had no right to do so, including Creative Commons licensed work.
- Consumer Reports says ‘keep that car’
- Driving one car for 15 years is cheaper than buying a new one ever 5 years. Nice to see I’ve been doing the right thing all this time.
- 30+ Firefox Add-ons for Web Developers & Designers
- Nice collection of Firefox extensions useful for web developers and/or designers.
- Redirection – Manage 301 redirections without modifying Apache
- Wordrpess 2.1+ plugin to handle redirects. Looks very full featured.
- eTextbook seller fails logic test
- Evo points out what I assume is a hilarious misuse of survey data. CafeScribe is supplying a “book” scented scratch and sniff sticker to customers because people like the way books smell.
Friday, August 3rd, 2007
- Official iPhone Tool
- This looks somehow familiar.
- Math Book Helps Girls Embrace Their Inner Mathematician
- Interview with Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from “The Wonder Years”) about her new book: Math Doesn’t Suck: How to Survive Middle-School Math and not Break a Nail
- Sandbox Designs Competition » The Designs
- Gallery of entries for the Sandbox Designs Competition. All entries are the same XHTML styled with CSS.
- Fisher-Price recalls 1M toys
- If you have any Dora or Sesame Street toys in your home you want to be aware of this. We do. A lot of them. Oddly the online recall only lets you return six items. Not sure exactly what they expect us to do with the rest.
- Interesting site. Lacks search. I recommend using the “Tag Cloud” to navigate, but be sure to scroll down after clicking a tag because it looks like nothing happened.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events ::: NOW IN PAPERBACK!
- Are you made fainthearted by the work of Lemony Snicket? Does the thought of strange new siblings unnerve you? Your answers likely reveal the following brief video to be ill-suited for your personal use.
Tuesday, May 1st, 2007
- First of May – Joe Murphy Mix
- A “Band-Aid” style version of Jonathan Coulton’s “First of May” recorded by a number of podcasters in support of The Joe Murphy Memorial Fund. Warning: Explicit Lyrics
- Release announcement for Prototype 1.5.1
- How A Small Press Author Stormed Amazon?s Charts (and beat Black Lab)
- Video interview with Scott Sigler about Ancestor’s performance on Amazon, and the reaction.
- Mr Potato Head: Spider-Spud
- When a radioactive spider bit Peter Parker Potato, he became SPIDER SPUD!
- Mr Potato Head: Optimash Prime
- Potatoes in Disguise!
Thursday, April 26th, 2007
- The World in the Satin Bag: Stuffs For Us Writers (Part One)
- Software and gadgets for writers
- Nostalgy Thunderbird Extension
- This is probably the most useful, time saving Thundrebird extension I’ve ever used. Try it out.
- Jason Penney@ iStalkr: Social Feed Aggregator
- My iStalkr page
- Now Reading 4.3.6
- New version of “Now Reading” wordpress plugin
- Twitter Tools README
- README for Alex King’s Twitter Tools wordpress plugin.