Tuesday, February 19th, 2008
Sunday, November 25th, 2007
- A Chat with Kevin Falls, producer of “Journeyman”
- This interview clarifies what’s going on with NBC and Journeyman. Sounds like NBC does plan to air the rest of the season (except, it seems, the finale). It boggles the mind.
- In All Fairness … Internet Explorer Still Stinks
- “This is the story of how SitePoint tried to give Internet Explorer a fighting chance … and it lost anyway.” While IE7’s CSS support is certainly improved, it still contains a number of bugs.
- Comcast firmware update disables serial control
- I was bit by this, which resulted in shows flagged safe for KidZone really being whatever was on HBO. Switched to IR blaster, which misfired and so we missed the Macy’s Parade (kids are bummed). Thanks Comcast!
- Total HD dual-format discs unlikely to ever see the light of day
- Warner Brother’s attempt to help negate the HD Disc format war fails to get off the ground. If I’m reading the subtext, it’s because retailers wouldn’t know where to shelve them.
- NBC Gives Journeyman Two-Week Notice
- More proof (if needed) that NBC is run by morons. If the live Nielsens for Journeyman don’t improve November 26th, then they will yank the show. Watching via TiVo or Online does not count (even though they push watching the show online). *sigh*
Thursday, August 16th, 2007
- Doubles champ
- Interview in the New Zeland Herald with Jemaine Clement. Discusses his new movie Eagle vs Shark, and the possibility of a second season for Flight of the Conchords on HBO.
- Television Studios Embrace BitTorrent
- It appears an exec at Warner Brothers Television used his neighbor’s child to leak the “Pushing Daisies” pilot via BitTorrent to help increase it’s exposure.
- The Optimus Prime PC Case Mod
- PC case transforms into a 6’10” Optimus Prime. Images with and without Autobot Matrix of Leadership.
- I Return To Doctor Who And Meet Kylie Minogue
- Colin Baker visits the set of the 2007 Doctor Who Christmas special “Voyage of the Damned”.
- Inflatable dress turns into a chair for impromptu sits
- Feel like sitting down? Walk around for a bit in this dress and it will turn into a chair. Why? I have no clue.
Friday, August 3rd, 2007
- Official iPhone Tool
- This looks somehow familiar.
- Math Book Helps Girls Embrace Their Inner Mathematician
- Interview with Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from “The Wonder Years”) about her new book: Math Doesn’t Suck: How to Survive Middle-School Math and not Break a Nail
- Sandbox Designs Competition » The Designs
- Gallery of entries for the Sandbox Designs Competition. All entries are the same XHTML styled with CSS.
- Fisher-Price recalls 1M toys
- If you have any Dora or Sesame Street toys in your home you want to be aware of this. We do. A lot of them. Oddly the online recall only lets you return six items. Not sure exactly what they expect us to do with the rest.
- Interesting site. Lacks search. I recommend using the “Tag Cloud” to navigate, but be sure to scroll down after clicking a tag because it looks like nothing happened.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events ::: NOW IN PAPERBACK!
- Are you made fainthearted by the work of Lemony Snicket? Does the thought of strange new siblings unnerve you? Your answers likely reveal the following brief video to be ill-suited for your personal use.
Wednesday, May 16th, 2007
- Stop! Hammer Time! Firefox Extension
- Firefox Extension to MC Hammer-ize the stop button. Why? Not really sure.
- Four H.P. Lovecraft Lectures in podcast form
- Four lectures on H.P. Lovecraft by Dr. Justin Woodman
- This family gives their kids TV watching tickets to help limit their TV input per week and keep mom and dad from being the “bad guys”.
- Nudists Seek Younger Following, Graying Nudist Groups Reach Out To 20- And 30-Somethings
- “Here’s the naked truth about nude recreation: The people who practice it aren’t getting any younger.”
- Congress gets earful on net neutrality, CableCARD, YouTube from video execs
- Ars Techica’s coverage of “The Future of Video” discussion from the House Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet hearing on May 10, 2007