- Lost’s end in sight.
- “Lost” has three more seasons (but with only 16 episodes each), ending in 2010. It’s still one of my top five shows, and I’m glad they are planning a definitive ending (not because I want it to go, but because it can’t go on forever).
- DryerFox – It’s like Firefox, but inside a dryer!
- Just what it sounds like.
- IE 8: Opt-in for standards compliance
- Apparently there will be a way to tell IE8 “my site is standards compliant”. I imagine that means the default assumption is “my site works in IE”.
- MASSIVE: Microsoft May Acquire Yahoo for $50 Billion
- Peter Cashmore’s take on the news that Microsoft is in talks to buy Yahoo! My immediate reaction is to wonder about Pipes and YUI.
- Science Fiction and Politics University Course continues
- “Professor Courtney Brown’s course at Emory University is a Political Science course entitled Science Fiction and Politics (Political Science 190).” The lectures are available free for download and as a podcast.
- Can e-books hurt your eyes?
- As someone whose vision is not at all good, this is near and dear to my eyes. Also this is one of the reasons I avoid DRM crippled e-books and PDF e-books. I want to view e-books on my preferred device, with my own font size choice.
I had been trying to find a way to consolidate some of the content I create for a while now. My sidebars are over-filled as it is, so I didn’t want to go sticking twitter and cocomment widgets all over the place. At the same time I’d like people who are interested to know that I’m active (sometimes when I don’t have time to post I still manage to comment elsewhere). I think I’ve found the answer thanks to Yahoo Pipes. I fooled around with it a bit, and created a consolidated feed partly based on Dougal Campbell’s LifeFeed (which seems as good a name as any).
It seems to work pretty well (although twitter seems to be timing out so usually only a single post makes the combined feed). I added it to the Subscribe box and replaced Recent Posts in the sidebar with Recent Activity. If I ever finish the site redesign I’ll probably make a nicely displayed version available on a separate page.