- OpenDocument Foundation closes up shop after slamming OpenDocument Format
- As someone who hasn’t used word since the 90s, and never intends to go back, I’ve been watching the ODF vs OOXML stuff with interest. This chapter is just strange.
- Benchmarks: Hackintosh vs. Mac Pro vs. MacBook Pro Benchmarks
- Benmarks of the $800 hackintosh vs. some standard Apple offerings. Most of the comments miss the point of this article, which (I think) is not to do an Apples to apples comparison, but to show you what your $800 bucks gets you.
Tags: macmini hackintosh DIY hardware benchmark
- Hack Attack: Build a Hackintosh Mac for Under $800
- Are you interested in trying out Mac OS X Leopard, but not it buying a Mac? Are you used to building your own PCs from parts (I sure am)? This is your best bet.
Tags: macos hackintosh DIY hardware
- Stacks Overlays
- If the appearance of the Stacks in your Leopard dock annoys you as much as they do me, these might be for you.
- How to Size Text in CSS
- An excellent article showing how to get consistent text sizing across numerous browsers using CSS. A great starting point for anyone concerned with the end user experience.
Tags: design webdesign CSS typography fonts
Links of Interest (June 1st 2007)
- DVR viewers push ad ratings up
- This whole thing seems like a no-brainer to me, but it’s news to the suits.
- Closing the book on Apple’s Mac mini
- AppleInsider believes that the Mac mini is dead. Sounds like Apple will be pulling out of the sub-$800 market. It’s to bad if it’s true, because I have had money set aside waiting for the next-gen of the mini to be released. Guess I’ll upgrade my PC.
- Lumosity – Brain Fitness and Memory Improvement
- Online “brain fitness” program.
- European robots assist children in forming relationships
- Using robots to help autistic children form relationships.
- Under stairs storage: brilliant
- I never would have thought of doing this, but now that I see it I’m amazed at how obvious an idea it is.