I’ve been tagged by Kris Johnson. This time I have to detail sixteen random facts about myself. ((I suppose it’s only fair as I did the same
to him recently.)) Here goes.
- I’m having a very hard time balancing things, time-wise, right now,
which is why this is the first post of the new year.
- I like cheese.
- I’m Dvorak
Simplified Keyboard touch typist. I went cold turkey from QWERTY
during a week-long company shutdown. I made the decision mostly
because I was having unbearable pain from typing all day. I type more
now than I ever did then, and it’s no longer an issue. ((I’m not
saying this would work for everyone, but it worked for me.))
- I grew up in the small town of
Abington, MA. There seem to be a
rather large number of people I went to high school with who married
people I went to high school with. ((I’m one of them, and so’s my
- There were two things that drove me to buy my first Mac:
was a close third.))
- As a result of my daughters’ obsession with Cinderella, I stumbled across and became fascinated by all the many variations of the story, which date back to first century B.C.
- While I’m a huge fan of Podcasts I still haven’t found an optimal way to enjoy
them that works for me. My reasons are detailed and varied, and I
won’t go into them here. I will note that I think iTunes is the worst
Podcast client I have ever used, and the fact that there’s no other
way to get items into the “Podcast” menu of my iPod irritates me every time I think about it.
- All my childrens’ middle names are the names of Doctor Who companions.
- In the Fu Manchu novels, the title character was clean shaven. He
did not, in fact, have a Fu Manchu. This is not about me, but the
fact that I know this has to say something about me, right?
- I have allergies. My tree allergy is so bad I can not eat tree
based fruit. It’s not dangerous for me to do so, but it is
uncomfortable. I imagine it would be like someone with a normal tree
pollen allergy went out and licked trees all day. ((I have not tested
this theory, as of yet.))
- I have an embarrassing (to me) number of incomplete blog posts in
draft form that I probably need to just delete.
- I took sculpture three out of four years in high school. I loved
making things out of clay, and I really miss it. I bought some
polymer clay a while back thinking I’d start up again, then realized I
don’t have any spare time.
- I’m not sure I’m capable of doing things half-heartedly. I often
wish I was.
- I’ve been a fan of Doctor Who most of my life. I started watching
it somewhere between the ages of two and four. I have very clear
memories of watching “The Deadly Assassin” Part 2 in my grandparents
basement on WGBH Boston. I somehow missed part 3, and it really
bothered me (in fact I didn’t see how that cliffhanger resolved until
I was in college). ((Anyone know dates when this would have aired on WGBH?))
- My biggest work related regret was not being laid off from
Sun, and having to quit instead. ((I don’t mean
this to be insensitive to all the great folks that Sun let go who did
not wish to leave. For me though, being laid off would have been
preferable at the time.))
- My oldest daughter and I are reading the Paddington Bear books
loves them, but even if she hadn’t I may have bought them anyhow
because I was never able to find them all when I was younger.
That wasn’t so bad. Now to tag sixteen people ((This is the hard
part. Don’t feel obligated anyone, I’m beyond reaching on some of
these. Also I think other branches of this insanity may have tagged
some of these folks… )) :
and Denise Penney. ((Yeah, she doesn’t blog, but if she does it I’ll post