- Got allergies? Tiny discovery nothing to sneeze at
- I hope this comes to something. My tree allergy is so bad I can’t eat most fruit. I miss fruit.
- Deconstructing a Star Wars AT-AT Imperial Walker Baby Stroller
- Thingamababy analyzes a DIY stroller conversion from a handful of photos.
- How To: Translate a foreign language RSS feed
- Using Yahoo Pipes to translate RSS feeds. Looks nice and simple.
- Future Sony e-book reader to offer IDPF format and Adobe DRM support?via Digital Editions
- Sounds like the next version of Sony Reader will support the IDPF open ebook standard. I like reading ebooks from dedicated readers, but I hate the hoops I have to jump through to get them on there. Sounds like a step in the right direction.
- Developers launch kid-safe add-on for Firefox
- Glubble is a Firefox plug-in that allows parents to create a whitelist of approved sites to let their kids visit.
- Dissecting a Plugin: Better Comments Manager
- Ronald Huereca disects the “Better Comments Manager” WordPress plugin, in what is hopefully the first of a series of articles of this type. Should be a great place to start if you’re trying to figure out how WordPress plugins work.
- Batman?s New Set of Wheels
- Slice of Sci-Fi has pics of the new Batcycle for “The Dark Knight”
- How victim snared ID thief / She chased down woman who had given her 6 months of hell
- Karen Lodrick bumped into the woman who had stolen her identity, and gave chase for the next 45 minutes!
- Primer, part two (glossary)
- Glossary for Diana Peterfreund’s primer on publishing.
- Primer, part one
- Diana Peterfreund’s primer on publishing.
- New Books, early June 2007
- Locus online’s listing of new SF/F/H books for early June 2007
- Ars System Guide: June 2007
- When I’m building a new PC for someone, this is where I start. Great if you’re trying to get the most bang for your buck.
Links of Interest (June 5th 2007 through June 7th 2007)
- Video: RSS in Plain English
- Brilliant explanation of what RSS is all about. Afraid to use those little orange icons you see everywhere? You won’t be.
- Hire someone to run your errands
- Hiring a personal assistant to got to free up your time for other things. Hmmmm.
- The Power of Nuts
- CBS renewed “Jherico” for seven more episodes due to fan protest involving sending nuts to the network (apparently 21,000+ lbs of them).
- Global Variables and the WordPress Loop
- Very detailed description of the WordPress Loop, and the globals available within.
- Lecture: Joe Haldeman on “The Craft of Science Fiction”
- SFFAudio points out a number of Science Fiction/Fantasy related lectures available at iTunes U (along with non-iTunes sources).
- Icron offers USB 2.0 over power line solution
- USB over powerlines. It sounds good. Why do I have the feeling that even if it does work, it won’t work for me?
- GNU Emacs 22 finally released
- Whoo hoo! I’m a fairly devout Emacs user, even on windows.
WordPress: Hiding the comment link without disabling pings
I saw this question over on Holly Lisle’s weblog, and thought I’d try to help. After a number of posts eaten by the comment gnomes, I think I’ve found the answer.
Since this might be useful to someone else, I’ve decided to post it here.Continue reading “WordPress: Hiding the comment link without disabling pings”