Wednesday, June 20th, 2007
- Got allergies? Tiny discovery nothing to sneeze at
- I hope this comes to something. My tree allergy is so bad I can’t eat most fruit. I miss fruit.
- Deconstructing a Star Wars AT-AT Imperial Walker Baby Stroller
- Thingamababy analyzes a DIY stroller conversion from a handful of photos.
- How To: Translate a foreign language RSS feed
- Using Yahoo Pipes to translate RSS feeds. Looks nice and simple.
- Future Sony e-book reader to offer IDPF format and Adobe DRM support?via Digital Editions
- Sounds like the next version of Sony Reader will support the IDPF open ebook standard. I like reading ebooks from dedicated readers, but I hate the hoops I have to jump through to get them on there. Sounds like a step in the right direction.
- Developers launch kid-safe add-on for Firefox
- Glubble is a Firefox plug-in that allows parents to create a whitelist of approved sites to let their kids visit.
- Dissecting a Plugin: Better Comments Manager
- Ronald Huereca disects the “Better Comments Manager” WordPress plugin, in what is hopefully the first of a series of articles of this type. Should be a great place to start if you’re trying to figure out how WordPress plugins work.
- Batman?s New Set of Wheels
- Slice of Sci-Fi has pics of the new Batcycle for “The Dark Knight”
- How victim snared ID thief / She chased down woman who had given her 6 months of hell
- Karen Lodrick bumped into the woman who had stolen her identity, and gave chase for the next 45 minutes!
- Primer, part two (glossary)
- Glossary for Diana Peterfreund’s primer on publishing.
- Primer, part one
- Diana Peterfreund’s primer on publishing.
- New Books, early June 2007
- Locus online’s listing of new SF/F/H books for early June 2007
- Ars System Guide: June 2007
- When I’m building a new PC for someone, this is where I start. Great if you’re trying to get the most bang for your buck.
Wednesday, May 16th, 2007
- Stop! Hammer Time! Firefox Extension
- Firefox Extension to MC Hammer-ize the stop button. Why? Not really sure.
- Four H.P. Lovecraft Lectures in podcast form
- Four lectures on H.P. Lovecraft by Dr. Justin Woodman
- This family gives their kids TV watching tickets to help limit their TV input per week and keep mom and dad from being the “bad guys”.
- Nudists Seek Younger Following, Graying Nudist Groups Reach Out To 20- And 30-Somethings
- “Here’s the naked truth about nude recreation: The people who practice it aren’t getting any younger.”
- Congress gets earful on net neutrality, CableCARD, YouTube from video execs
- Ars Techica’s coverage of “The Future of Video” discussion from the House Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet hearing on May 10, 2007
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007
- Reset Reasoning
- Eric Myer’s explanation of why you would want to reset styles across browsers.
- Reset Reloaded
- Eric Myer’s reset CSS stylesheet. It levels the playing fields across (most) browsers. I’ll probably use this when I get back to redesigning my site.
- Eric Talbot’s Blog
- Eric Talbot (perhaps best know for his work involving turtles and/or skulls) has long been one of my favorite artists. His blog contains scans from his sketchbook.
- Interactivities Ink Presents: Code Monkey
- “Code Monkey is a cute short game based on the song of the same name by Jonathan Coulton. Be the first Code Monkey to win the heart of the Pretty Receptionist and complete two projects for Boring Manager Rob.”
- One of my favorite Thunderbird extensions. Adds support for X-Face and gravatar.com.
- Totally Frakked: Dead Like Me Returns In Movie Form
- Looks like “Dead Like Me”, which was a great show, is going to return in a direct to DVD movie.
Thursday, April 26th, 2007
- The World in the Satin Bag: Stuffs For Us Writers (Part One)
- Software and gadgets for writers
- Nostalgy Thunderbird Extension
- This is probably the most useful, time saving Thundrebird extension I’ve ever used. Try it out.
- Jason Penney@ iStalkr: Social Feed Aggregator
- My iStalkr page
- Now Reading 4.3.6
- New version of “Now Reading” wordpress plugin
- Twitter Tools README
- README for Alex King’s Twitter Tools wordpress plugin.